Wednesday, September 16, 2009

...it was the gum

Right now I am finishing up my second to last semester in the Elementary Education program at BYU. For this program I am taking a teaching math in the El Ed classroom class and we went to the schools to teach last week. We were teaching base 10s in a 3rd grade class and the little boy I worked with was quite a character.

When we were finishing up he started telling me about something interesting he had heard on the radio that morning. He said he heard that gum can make you smarter. I didn't really buy it....but I mean it was on the radio, so it must be true. Anyway, after he completed the activity I praised him for doing well and staying on task, to which he replied,"I thought it was just my education, but it was the gum." Apparently the educational benefits of chewing gum are now greater than those of public school...sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment